Choose Joy


It's that time of year again; school and work are starting again which signals the end of a wonderful, all too short Christmas break. Along with it comes many New Year's resolutions. And let me tell ya, I have never kept a single one!

However as I was reading one of my new favorite blogs, Where My Heart Resides, I came across the joy pledge. As soon as I read about it I knew that this one I wanted to keep. "Choose Joy." It is a simple statement that, to me, holds far more value than eating more vegetables or exercising more. It means finding the good in each day, if even in the simplest things like baking a batch of cookies or having coffee with a good friend.

Being in the dental hygiene program comes with a lot of responsibility, stress and sometimes harsh criticism. It is so easy to become jaded, or as the seniors are called: Negative Nellies. Therefore it is my goal to, no matter what kind of day I had, always choose joy and hopefully spread the joy to others around me.


Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy: think about such things.
Philippians 4:8


Happiness does not depend on outward things, but the way we see them.
-Leo Tolstoy


joy [joi]
–noun 1. the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good.
–verb 1. to feel joy; be glad; rejoice.



And do not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

Nehemiah 8:10

Photos courtesy of Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great reminder to choose joy!

    ReplyDelete

I am so thrilled that you've visited this lil blog of mine. I appreciate each and every comment.